Sunday 27 January 2008

Been fishing

Well maybe not fishing. Lots of things keeping me too busy to come on here. And what was I doing with this blog anyway? I had the idea of creating a kind of dictionary of Jersey websites - but I did NOT know what I was taking on. I wanted to see how big Jersey's virtual presence was, and I now know that there are huge numbers of websites in existence locally, and have lists and lists of them. But I will not be putting them online because I think it would be a full time job keeping the list accurate and up to date. I just don't have the time.

The odd thing is how many websites are advertised, either in the phone book, on business cards and headed paper, on the sides of vans, or, most bizarrely, in the JEP's feature on new businesses, but are either "in construction" or no longer exist - the host even advertising the space for some of them. Websites seem to have a fleeting life, too fleeting for me to keep a hold of. So now I have to think about whether to remove some of the ones I have on here.

I shall keep the links to local blogs, and local forums, and I shall create a list (a short list at the moment) of websites that I discover that remove VAT from goods they ship to the island, but as for the others - well. I don't know. I don't want to keep a page of broken links - and I do not seem to have the time to check them often.

2 comments:

A Holiday In The Sun said...

Hi there,

There's a new forum just opened that may be of interest to you, and your links section, Planet Jersey.

It's a forum very focused on local topical and political issues. Check it out!

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/

Local Resident said...

Thanks! Have added it.