Sunday 11 February 2007

Food and drink

I had a first visit to "Waves" yesterday. Due to various commitments we found ourselves child free between the hours of 5 and 6 and needing to eat. Waves, which seems to be open all day seemed a good place to go, but when we got there we found that 5pm is not the best time to require food - lunch is over, afternoon tea has just ended, and dinner has an hour before it begins.

We decided on a coffee and cake, and a very late dinner at home. Except there was no cake. There were several very rich looking deserts, which we passed on. I had a latte, but it was dreadful, very small and bitter. I mostly drink latte as a take away, but the few occasions that I have had it in a cafe or restaurant it has been served in a tall glass. Here is was served in a mug. I could not drink it, so we were out so quickly that we had time to go into the café at the Power House and enjoy a lovely latte, in a glass, with a massive choice of cake and biscuits. Had we only headed there first we would have been able to enjoy what looked like some delicious meals as well.

We will probably return to Waves as the specials board looked enticing, but the prices seem rather high for a place sadly in need of a good sweeping.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Further visit to Waves supports the original comments.Seems to be trying to be BigVerns but not as spotlessly clean or the food as well presented. Lovely location but needs to improve!

What about a restaurant Blog on lovely places to go to?

Local Resident said...

I do wish there was a restaurant blog - I don't go to enough restaurants to write anything worthwhile myself, how about you? Blogs are so easy to set up with blogger, and free.

Somehow we haven't felt motivated to return to Waves.

I was at Big Verns today, sunning myself, enjoying the view, the friendly efficient service and the fabulous food.