Friday 1 June 2007

Waterfront Pool

The pool at the waterfront is down to £200,000 of the £600,000 given them to start the pool off, and apparently we should be ready to give them more, as the pool hasn't earned as much money as was forecast, and costs more to run.

We were there yesterday, arriving about 3pm, and the pool was heaving. I was actually a bit concerned about my kids as the pool was so full. I used to take my two to lessons there as well, along with what seemed like half the island, and I have shot down to the pool at lunchtime to do laps, and the pool seemed to be running at fair capacity then, so I do wonder why the pool takes in less money than expected - it seems to be used.

1 comment:

A Holiday In The Sun said...

I don't think a single penny of taxpayers money should be handed to the operators of that pool.

I believe it was Ben Fox admitted a while back that the Fort Regent pool was closed to breathe life into this development.

Rather than being blinded by the men with the big-money banter, the States would have been better off using some basic common-sense and redeveloping the Fort pool, which in return would have benefitted the ever ailing venue by attracting a whole new generation of customers to Fort Regent. That in turn would have prompted further development of other enterprises up there.

But no, as usual the businessmen (in my opinon, more monkey business than any other kind, going by their record!) running the States went for an ego-stroking fast cash option....and now they want us to pay for their mistake? Naaaah. Take it out of of the Ministerial pension fund - it might make them be a little more careful in future.